Instinctively the first thing any user does on hearing about a business is to search for it on Google and lookup for a website of the business. There is no escape from having a digital identity of any business, and in doing so a website plays a major role. A website sets the tone in which you want to speak to your customers and convert your prospective clients into paying ones. And getting such a website developed should be left at the hands of a experienced and professional web development company.
We’ve seen many businesses who have tried to user online tools and create something on their own have a bad experience. Work of a website development company might seem simple and straightforward from a top-level view but that’s just the tip of the iceberg.
Let’s look at a few value additions in working with a
good web development company at different stages of your website development.
- Inception Stage
- Business understanding – After you and your team the persona to have complete understanding of your business will be your website development company. A good vendor steps in your shoes and familiarizes himself with your business as good as you do. This is always the first and most important step towards website development. Priority to this step lays the difference between a mediocre and a best web development company.
- Voice of your business – Once your website development partner fully understands your and your client’s needs, he then sets the voice for your business on your website. What should be the color scheme? Should the tone be formal or casual? Should the website be content-heavy of visual-heavy? This you can call as the first step in your branding process. A good web development company will understand the importance of this stage as it lays the foundation for all the social media and advertising initiatives you are going to make in future.
- Execution Stage
- Content that makes sense – Among other website development services that your website development vendor will provide, it’s always an advantage if this vendor has and in-house content team. If user interface is the face of your website then content is its soul. Thought it’s not always the case but getting the website developed from one company and content from another leads to losing out on the context. If the web development company doesn’t have a content team, it’s better if one of your own team-members steps up to the task.
- Scalable technology – When it comes to using the right technology for your website development one site never fits all. While a CMS tool like Wordpress offers brilliant solutions for template designs and content-heavy sites it might not be the best solution for a light-weight minimal information-based website. A good web development company will understand this and guide you with the right technology set.
- Transition Stage
- a. Training for your team – A good website development company, if required, will train you on viewing and editing the content of your website. Be it any CMS or in-house backend dashboard they have created, the details will we transitioned to you with utmost transparency.
- Maintenance stage
- Web development services – A responsible web development company will give you a clear picture about the turnaround time for any changes that need to be implemented. If the need arises to revamp the entire website according to the changed needs, they would’ve build the website in a scalable manner so that revamping does not mean unnecessary cost for you.
- Search Engine Optimization – More and more businesses today rely on the optimizing their search to increase discovery of their business leading to client conversion. A web development company that provides content services will keep this in mind right from the scratch and will help you get found better on search engines like Google.
A quick tip: Looking at the previous work of the web development company that you partner will just give you the idea about their design skills. You should have a talk at length about the process they will follow to ensure that your business gets a digital presence that it deserves.